Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rtmp streams sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't

Posted by Souledge 
Rtmp streams sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't
June 10, 2020 11:49PM
I've been configuring nginx on a netbook running win10. I've installed nginx gryffin, and opened up the necessary ports.
I then use obs to stream to that server via rtmp.
The idea is that i can use mxplayer on android to view that broadcast at lower quality due to bandwith limitations. My setup seems to work

The problem I'm having is that once i start the stream and view it, it seems to work. If i want to connect to it later, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and the stream player keeps buffering/connecting without result. Sometimes i have to stop/start the stream in obs for it to work again, and sometimes I Have to restart the nginx program on the netbook server.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this? Seeing how it is so random when it happens. Is it nginx or obs or the stream player? Or something else entirely maybe?
Re: Rtmp streams sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't
June 11, 2020 02:58AM
Drop this into google "rtmp stream player keeps buffering"

---
nginx for Windows http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/
June 11, 2020 04:33AM
I tried that. It didn't really give me an answer as to why it works sometimes and needs a restart other times.
Google gives me all the possible problems for a consistent reocurring problem, but not about havin to force stop my rtmp player, restart nginx on server, or restart obs.

Could you link me something more specific about it?
June 11, 2020 06:39AM
You first need to investigate the logfiles before looking for a solution, is the stream still connected to obs when the client disconnects? what if you use 2 workers is one of them busy and with a reconnect switches over to the other worker? if thats the case does this free the other busy worker? etc,etc,etc...
Because there are thousands of solutions you need to narrow them down by investigating logs.

---
nginx for Windows http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 163
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018