Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Relationship of Proxy_Read_timeout, keep alive and proxy connection

Posted by nipuna 
Relationship of Proxy_Read_timeout, keep alive and proxy connection
March 24, 2018 12:32AM
Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the nginx and I have configured a nginx reverse proxy to communicate with apache server. Recently I got an error like
"""""""""""""""
2018/03/24 00:11:58 [error] 19840#0: *2902980 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 82.132.236.172, server: ~^[A-Za-z0-9,-]*\.orangehrmlive\.com$, request: "POST /auth/validateCredentials HTTP/1.1", upstream: "https://[::1]:9191/auth/validateCredentials", host: "******", referrer: "******"

"""""""""""""""
After going through several articles I found out that increasing the proxy_read_timeout will resolve the problem. My current nginx timeout configurations :
fastcgi_read_timeout 300;
proxy_connect_timeout 300;
proxy_send_timeout 300;
proxy_read_timeout 300;
keepalive_timeout 65;

My concern is while having keep_alive_timeout as 65 seconds, Why do I need to increase proxy_read_timeout again? Please, can you explain me the relationship between those directives so that I can understand the scenario? Any advice or guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018