Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installation issue (RHEL 6)

Posted by eae 
eae
Installation issue (RHEL 6)
August 29, 2016 03:51AM
At the moment we are using the open source version of nginx and using it for load balancing only. With changes in out production environment we want to use nginx plus for load balancing and heath checks.

We're using a RHEL 6.6 and 6.7 and we're behind rather strict firewalls. The problem is the way to get the packages using yum because of the restrictions in the firewall. And yes, I do have the SSL certs and they're at the correct path (/etc/ssl/nginx).

Are there any other way to obtain the package then using yum? Have sent mail for nginx plus support, but havn't got any response yet.

//Andreas
Re: Installation issue (RHEL 6)
August 29, 2016 04:44AM
Ask for a whitelisting at the firewall.
Use a mirror system and copy the repo so it can be accessed elsewhere.
Use an internal repo distribution system.

---
nginx for Windows http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/
eae
Re: Installation issue (RHEL 6)
August 29, 2016 07:46AM
itpp2012 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ask for a whitelisting at the firewall.
> Use a mirror system and copy the repo so it can be accessed
> elsewhere.
> Use an internal repo distribution system.

I was hoping for a workaround without having to order changes in the firewall, like trick the http server to think I'm using yum or something like that.
All of my RHEL machines are inside the FW and install a virtual RHEL in Windows isn't an option either since I'm not allowed to install that on my windows-system.
Seems like a change in the FW is the most time-saving change atm.
eae
[SOLVED] Installation issue (RHEL 6)
August 30, 2016 10:25AM
Problem is actually solved.
After a couple of days the nginx plus support answered and after explaining the problem i got a URL to download it from (to my Windows machine).

So, case closed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 171
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018