Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mapping nginx server to the DNS through a VPS IP address

Posted by sk1908 
Mapping nginx server to the DNS through a VPS IP address
August 31, 2021 08:34AM
Team:

I have a situation where I am trying to map a subdomain to a locahost web application running on nginx server through an ip address owned through another vps provider. So far, I have set the nginx reverse proxy on the device where the web app server is, and mapped the domain through the vps ip address on the domain registrar side. I am seeing the subdomain working on the device where the server is. However, it is not accessible on the internet. Any suggestions on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

Config that I have:
Device with ip address 192.168.0.x running the localhost web app --- includes nginx server - reverse proxy to localhost with a server name that is -mapped to the subdomain

--sk1908
Re: Mapping nginx server to the DNS through a VPS IP address
October 20, 2021 03:25AM
Your setup environment is rather vague, so I will give this a sort of noob shot. Just a guess here, but you may have to port forward on the vps that is serving the subdomain or possibly unblock some ports in your firewall, or both.

Dan Ran
dan@danran.rocks
https://danran.rocks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018