Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Server block configuration files affect other

Posted by grungeman 
Server block configuration files affect other
October 24, 2017 02:41AM
Im new to Nginx and setting up a reverse proxy that forward traffic based on domain name to internal backbone webserver, both apache and iis. The basics works alright, i managed to get it to work with a wordpress on the apache internaly running on port 80 to the nginx reverse proxy and then with a certbot created ssl connection from the nginx proxy to the internet. So far so good. Now for the problem.

At the moment it only works with SSL 443, even if change one server block to listen for port 80 and remove the SSL-certificats from that block. The server still blocks the port. " You cannot visit mytestsite.se right now because the website uses HSTS"
First i did put all ssl and hsts parameters in the nginx.conf file which would explain this, but now i moved it away from there as i wanted some servers to be able to connect as http. So i moved all my SSL and HSTS into the server block itself which also is working fine i still get an A+ rating.

Shouldnt the serverblock set the settings for the specific website ? Now the server block seem to affect each other in a way i dont like. Is it possible to isolate them better? Or am i doing something else wrong?

One more exampel i had a bad SSL certifact on one of my sites yesterday, but as long as that site was enabled none of the other sites was responding. Still there was no problem to restart the nginx.service. Can anything be done to make this better?

/grungeman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 212
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018