Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why can't I use PHP with Nginx?

Posted by That_Random_Guy 
Why can't I use PHP with Nginx?
July 16, 2015 09:45AM
Hello!

This is going to jump around a bit as I don't understand anything regarding how to set-up Nginx.

The reason I wanted to run a local web server in the first place was to be able to run and use php script, you know, to practice with.

I followed the limited instructions on the open source site, and eventually got it running using power shell.

I typed in "local host" into my browser and found that it in fact was working. I then proceeded to change and uncomment certain code within the "nginx.config" file that was associated with PHP. The tutorial I was watching intended for me to move the PHP folder into the Nginx folder and create a "start" batch file and a "stop" batch file for Nginx. I don't know why those were neccessary, so I didn't do that. I was content with having Nginx working, but now I couldn't get PHP to work along side it...

After countless attempts of checking over the code in the config file and the code written in the instructions given in the tutorial, I decided to call it a day and figure it out the next-day.

Here's a link to the tutorial I mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Pf4RigRvI

Additional Info:

Nginx Version: Windows Nginx 1.9.3
PHP Version: 5.6.11

Just to recap: I'm a complete novice when it comes to this kind of stuff, and I probably don't know as much as any of you all do, but I feel that's reason enough to share the information around so that we can help each other out.

I "installed" PHP using Microsoft Web Installer, and then later installed MySQL from the site directly.

As soon as I downloaded nginx, I followed the steps that I mentioned above from the tutorial.

Any help would be grand, but if you could please run this by me in laymans terms, that'd be swell.

Lengthy explinations are HIGHLY appreciated however, so feel free to get me to understand!

Again, Thank-you for reading!

Yours Truly,

T.R.G.

P.S. - Sorry if there are any typos! I didn't feel like copying and pasting this to Word.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018