Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small job for home user

Posted by milster 
Small job for home user
January 21, 2020 02:20AM
This is a tiny job. I have an open source media player running on Raspberry Pi. Under normal circumstances you are only meant to access it from within your network. But I need to access it via a HTTPS connection.

I have already tried setting this up. I have a domain name pointing to my home network. I've set up a server running nginx and configured it using LetsEncrypt issued certificate. I can successfully tap-in my HTTPS address and the nginx server sends my request to my proxied media server.

BUT it never fully loads for some reason. I can see the UI for the media player but it is behind a "grey-out" screen and never ending spinning wheel. Something is not getting loaded.

THE JOB: To try and accomplish what I want with your servers. A simple proxy_pass to a static IP address like 192.168.1.6. Hopefully you have a spare pi laying around that you can install the media server .img to.

It may be the case that the media server build has some sort of "smarts" built into it that is preventing use via a proxy server like nginx. I dunno. If you can accomplish this, then provide me with your setup method.

I have a novice's small budget to work with. Cna discuss further if you think you can help. Thanks!
Re: Small job for home user
January 22, 2020 10:08PM
Sorry all - rethinking this project and will seek more help on solving it myself. Thanks. Milster
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 154
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018