Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Captcha Nginx Module

Posted by BobS 
Captcha Nginx Module
February 22, 2010 08:04PM
I'm looking for a skilled programmer who can help me develop a captcha based authentication module for nginx. In other words, when a domain is first accessed by a new user I want them to be prompted with a captcha based authentication form. If the user successfully completes the form, then a cookie is stored in the user's browser for an X amount of minutes and then they can browse that domain until that cookie expires.

I want this captcha authentication to be capable of being applied to only specific domains as specified in nginx's config. I also would like for the cookie expiration time to be capable of being adjusted from within nginx's config as well.

The idea of this script is to stop bots from accessing resource intensive files during a GET flood.

Here are similar solutions for reference for anyone interested in this project:
http://search.cpan.org/~analog/Apache2-reCaptcha-0.3/lib/Apache2/reCaptcha.pm
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-captcha/

If you are capable of programming such a module, please get in touch and we can discuss the project further and negotiate a price. I can be e-mailed directly at bob@ddoshostingsolutions.com.

Thanks!
Bob Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 08:06PM by BobS.
srk
Re: Captcha Nginx Module
April 22, 2010 10:04AM
Hi Bob Shannon,
Pardons for the delayed response. As I already said all of this can be done in NGinx. How do you want to start this?

You would want detailed technical design? or a time break down of it's completion?

Shiva
Re: Captcha Nginx Module
February 04, 2011 11:38PM
Hi Shiva,

Can i contact with you via email.

Regards,
Tuity
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 177
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018