Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot access systems from local network

Posted by ArkansasNetworker 
Cannot access systems from local network
June 19, 2022 09:51AM
I am running a local network. I can access everything remotely without difficulty, but I cannot access systems locally. Remotely, for example, 'app.example.com' works but not locally.
The router is a Ubitiqui Dream Machine Pro. I have a fixed IP and am using Cloudflare to provide SSL/TLS end-to-end encryption. I am using Docker to run Nginx as a reverse proxy and Pi Hole as a local DNS. Cloudflare DNS has CNAME records for each sub-domain. The UDM-Pro forwards all port 443 incoming traffic to the Nginx server port 443. The local DNS has a CNAME domain record pointing to its IP address. Nginx has 'set_real_ip_from' entries for Cloudflare's IP addresses. An example server block is
server {
listen 443 ssl;
server_name app.exampe.com;
location / { proxy_pass http://192.168.0.1:8001; }
}
I am getting a Cloudflare 522 error, and there are no entries in Nginx' access and error logs. It appears that the request is getting to Cloudflare but is not getting to Nginx. I assume that I have something misconfigured but don't know if it's with Cloudflare (I doubt it.), the UDM-Pro, Nginx, or Pi Hole. Are there Nginx configuration settings I need to add to allow local access, or am I doing something else that is incorrect?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 164
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018