Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nginx and Exchange 2019 (2016)

Posted by PrimaryInc 
Nginx and Exchange 2019 (2016)
March 30, 2020 02:18PM
Hi Everyone,

If this topic has been answered before, please let me know.
I unfortunately cannot find any answers for this anywhere.

So I ask you for help and to make me understand what it will require..

Short explanation:
I have a home lab (yes a nerd, but not a programer) running multiple web sites using https.
Today I have a Synology NASm ruling reverseproxy powered by Nginx and Certificates from Lets Encrypt.
Now Synology out of the box does not support exchange traffic, and it is blowing my mind..

So what I rely need is a guide, or how to from someone.
I've installed Nginx on a ubuntu server 18.04.4, Nginx extras is also installed.
I read somewhere that it was needed to get all exchange related traffic to work.
Configuration for Lets Entrypt is not installed at the moment.

And this is where I am.
I'm desperat for some help or answers.

Do Nginx support exchange traffic and what is needed??

On my Synology NAS the reverseproxy failed to connect autodiscover trafific and causes my pc and Mac´s outlook to stop working.

Please help!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2020 02:21PM by PrimaryInc.
Re: Nginx and Exchange 2019 (2016)
March 31, 2020 02:39AM
Hi,

Seems that the forum dont have much activity.
I´ll give it a try again :)

I did find that Nginx Plus does support exchange traffic. And what is strange, and I need to understand I this bit:
Unbuffered upload – Microsoft Outlook uses Microsoft’s RPC over HTTP technology for communication. It opens two simultaneous connections, one for constant upload and the other for constant download, using the HTTP methods RPC_IN_DATA and RPC_OUT_DATA. NGINX Plus R6 (and NGINX Open Source 1.7.11 and later) support RPC over HTTP traffic with the unbuffered upload feature, which you configure with the proxy_request_buffering directive.

Here it is stated that Nginx Open Source 1.7.11 or later also support exchange traffic. Is this the free version? And can someone confirm what is needed?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 293
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018