nginx-ldap-auth - Configuration Help
February 21, 2020 09:00PM
Hello All,

I'm looking to implement the nginx-ldap-auth solution as I'd like to use our Active Directory backend to authenticate our users when visiting our nginx-enabled ELK stack.

I'm fairly new to nginx and I've been having a heck of a time getting this to work.

We currently have an AD server in place/working and I've got the ldap-auth-daemon running on the box and I can connect to 8081 but end up getting 'bad gateway' as evidenced in the debugError.log

I've attached my config along with an error log from some previous attempts in hops that somebody can point me in the right direction as I'm at a loss as to what to change and I think I'm confused around the 'backend' pieces of the config and what that means.

I've read through the notes on github but I'm a bit of a novice and some of it is honestly over my head.

I'd be happy to read and put in whatever effort I need; maybe somebody has a doc somewhere they can point me at?

Please also let me know if I've left out any obvious information and I'll be sure to add to the post.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.

Cheers,

Mike
Attachments:
open | download - nginx-ldap-auth.conf (1.8 KB)
open | download - debugError.log (42.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 236
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018