Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does Nginx (non-Plus) have a dash like Traefik by default?

Posted by burntoc 
Does Nginx (non-Plus) have a dash like Traefik by default?
January 03, 2020 01:24AM
Sorry my first question is a really noob one, but I just wanted to double-check. I'd gotten nginx to reverse proxy to a half dozen Docker containers about 6 months ago and then I had data corruption on the drive and my config got lost. I'm re-learning and I have docker-compose with docker-gen and letsencrypt seemingly working - at least I can reach web pages at whoami.mydomain.org and portainer.mydomain.org, but trying to access nginx via port 80, 443, or 8080 gives me a 503 error. I think that's by design, but again, I just wanted to check.

On a side note, if it is by design, is there some sort of dash for nginx (again, non-Plus) that can be added to my config or should I just mainly focus on Portainer for management of my containers?
Re: Does Nginx (non-Plus) have a dash like Traefik by default?
January 05, 2020 12:36PM
I guess the answer is no, unless you enable the stub status page that doesn't provide nearly the detail/admin capability that some alternatives do. I'll look at using one of these multi-container docker hub solutions to add it, or an alternative reverse proxy. Glad to know it is at least working properly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018