Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do I run existing nginx repo on windows or ubuntu

Posted by elsa-b-doe 
How do I run existing nginx repo on windows or ubuntu
August 11, 2019 12:07PM
I am a freelance front-end developer, just enough PHP, Apache and Unix to get by. **ZERO NGINX**. To work on this client's site I need to work with this repo (file tree below).

I've researched enough to:

- Install nginx and know that I can point my nginx to the configuration file in this repo.
But I get user errors `(nginx: [emerg] getpwnam("system") failed)` then `nginx: [emerg] unknown directive "dav_ext_methods"` and I'm just going down a rabbit hole.

- I've also tried nginx on Laragon and tried to modify the Laragon nginx templates to no avail.

- I've installed nginx on WSL but there is far to much configuration to learn to make this work on time.

- I have also installed CLion to try and use its environment configuration (CMakeLists.txt) but again, not familiar at all with that IDE. Made me install cygwin, CMake and a bunch of other stuff... another time sucking rabbit hole.

I need help!!

I am hoping that someone can look a the contents of this repo and give me some steps to follow.

webapp
| .gitignore
| CMakeLists.txt
| php-fpm.conf
|
+---.git
|
+---html
|
+---init
| nginx.service
|
+---nginx_cfg
| fastcgi_params
| mime.types
| naxsi.rules
| naxsi_core.rules
| nginx.conf
| nginx_user_cert.conf
| scgi_params
|
+---php-fpm.d
| www.conf
|
\---themes
Re: How do I run existing nginx repo on windows or ubuntu
August 11, 2019 08:44PM
bump
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 182
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018