Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fastcgi_cache_path problem

Posted by mkvee 
fastcgi_cache_path problem
April 24, 2019 09:27AM
I have two instances of nginx running (say n1 and n2) and due the nature of n2 it shoud be properly separated from n1. Therefore it has a configuration file of its own with n1 (the web server) running under user "nginx" and n2 (the app admin server) running under user "appadmin". Everything works except... Whatever I do and whatever I set to fastcgi_cache_path at n2 it continues to use the default path defined for n1.

Using default directory permissions n2 is not able to create a subdirectory to the diretory owned by n1. When the cache path diretory permissions are set to 777 (bad idea, only tested it) we will be faced with subdirectories being created for users "nginx" and "appadmin" and both instances crash at some point.

It is to be noted that n2 DOES create the root directory for fastcgi_cache but it does NOT use them. It will try to create the subdirs in the wrong (default) directory.

It seems to me that the nginx build (Centos 7, from nginx repository) not honouring the nginx.conf settings properly.

So far the only way to make things work is use the same user and the shared cache path. Not good even though I may be too cautious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 09:28AM by mkvee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018