Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hosting Wordpress Site While Maintaining Current NGINX Config

Posted by bzowk 
Hosting Wordpress Site While Maintaining Current NGINX Config
April 22, 2019 10:35PM
Hey Guys -

I switched from Apache to NGINX a few months ago and love it - thanks to all who work on it! I've got a quick question I wanted to ask, please...

I currently use NGINX on a Windows Server 2016 where I have an extensive configuration (for me at least) that includes SSL hosting, reverse proxy, and hosting Organizr 2 - all tied into a home domain name. I'm wanting to host a Wordpress website via a 2nd domain here as well which will be a different domain name yet both resolving to the same IP. I've found a few example configs for how to host two domains on a single IP, but all were if NGINX will manage hosting for both - not one where one of the domains is for Wordpress. My WordPress site is located on a different physical server within a container making the address I access it locally http://192.168.0.21:8080.

Seeing as I can only forward a port to a single internal Ip, Im assuming NGINX would have to be configured to forward requests intended for that domain to the Wordpress site. What would be the best and most secure method of doing this? Thank You!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 296
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018