Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not able to stream more than 5 downloads at once.

Posted by clemensphilipps 
Not able to stream more than 5 downloads at once.
November 12, 2016 10:05AM
Hello Nginx Forum. I have a huge problem with my server and i´m completly lost here. Before i start with the settings i´ve already tr´d to adjust please let me explain as detailed as possible whats going on.

We are running a Online Shop (we make software). We have moved our Website to a new Server running nginx. Wordpress is running fine. Our Software Products are very big, up to 16GB per File. To hide the Source we stream the Files to our customers via php (Wordpress product download settings: xaccel_redirect/xsendfile). XsendFile is installed on the server. The downloads run stable and finish fine since we have changed proxy_max_temp_file_size to "0". Before they aborted after 1GB.

The Problem: We can run only 4 Downloads at once. As soon as 5 Customers downloading a Product, the Page stands still and for new visitors a 503 Error (Page temporarily not available) appears. A further stream is not possible. It feels like there are 5 available threats and if they are used everything else gets in que/on hold.

We have already activated multi_accept. Also we have set the worker_processes to 16. But still no luck :(
In therm´s of servers we are not really experienced and the server is a managed server. Means for every change i have to send a mail to the support.

Has anyone a idea what setting could block more than 5 connections on our Server ?
Re: Not able to stream more than 5 downloads at once.
November 12, 2016 06:03PM
The problem must be located in the backend (proxypass/fastcgi) where it limits the amount of clients.

---
nginx for Windows http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/
November 13, 2016 08:39AM
Thanks for your reply.
We had in mind to activate aio for a Folder located in htdocs, that includes all the files our customers can download. Would this command do it ?

location /downloads/ {
sendfile on;
aio threads;
}

Also would this command activate aio for all subfolders in this folder ?

Thanks
November 13, 2016 09:48AM
That should work, testing is the only way to find out.

---
nginx for Windows http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 299
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018