Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding Reverse Proxy to existing webhost

Posted by tdmatthews 
Adding Reverse Proxy to existing webhost
February 09, 2023 11:52AM
Greetings. I'll be generous and say I have intermediate experience with NGINX. I'm running a website on a VPS with nginx and its been great. I'm installing docker services that I now want to expose via RPM, but this is where I'm confused.

I see posts recommending running NGINX RPM in a docker container that comes with a web interface for configuring it. Nice.

I already have NGINX installed and running though, I'm assuming it has all the same functionality without the RPM web frontend? I was able to setup a host on port 80 that works with a backend docker image but can't get a ssl host to work yet with certs (this is where the gui might be helpful to me).

-Is it possible to just install that 'management gui' package into an existing NGINX install to make things easier?
-Should I uninstall my NGINX, and install the docker RPM version and somehow get it to serve the wordpress site as well
-Or do I still install that in docker and somehow hand off all unknown requests from the main NGINX host to the containerized RPM install

My vision for a finished solution is I hit a subdomain SERVICE.xxx.com and the RPM will authenticate the user (with 2fa) prior to handing them off to the backend docker service.

Should be simple right :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2023 11:53AM by tdmatthews.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 280
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018