Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nginx Load Balancer traffic redirection

Posted by dtsn 
Nginx Load Balancer traffic redirection
April 13, 2020 04:03AM
Hi, we have following config :

In the ../conf.d/ folder we have different config files for domains and subdomains. Let's say aaa.conf, bbb.conf, ccc.conf. Nothing unusual in there, they are just "proxy_pass" to corresponding server private IPs depending on URL requested. But here is the thing : we have registered new subdomain ddd.ourdomain.com which have DNS A record pointing to load balancer Public IP and for some reason it redirects the traffic to server IP mentioned in aaa.conf.

We currently do not have ddd.conf in ../conf.d/ and ddd.ourdomain.com is not specified neither in aaa.conf, bbb.conf or ccc.conf. In addition, if I put load balancer public IP in browser like https://1.1.1.1 - it redirects me to server mentioned in aaa.conf as well.

So, here is the question : is that a default Nginx behavior (as I dont see any redirection lines in nginx config and afaik "return" line should not do that) or there is something in the nginx.conf I should look for (or somewhere else)? Snippet from nginx.conf attached
Attachments:
open | download - 5qOxY.png (34.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 274
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018