Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Comodo / Instant SSL certificate installation

Posted by astrochase 
Comodo / Instant SSL certificate installation
August 31, 2010 02:27AM
I'm trying to install a certificate issued by Comodo but apparently I'm doing something wrong. Comodo has instructions for seemingly every other web server (Comodo, if you're reading this: for shame!) but not nginx. I've tried chaining the certificates together like instructions I've found elsewhere, but apparently I'm doing it wrong because I'm getting the following message every time I restart nginx:

Restarting nginx: [emerg]: SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("/etc/nginx/conf.d/www_speedofcaffeine_com.key") failed (SSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch

Can someone lead me through the process?

Thank you!
Re: Comodo / Instant SSL certificate installation
August 31, 2010 02:48AM
You always find the solution 10 minutes later, right?

Hopefully this will help someone else - perhaps, because I misinterpreted the directions, but when building the SSL bundle, copy the www_domain_com.crt to a new file, ssl-bundle.crt, and then type:

cat AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt ComodoUTNSGCCA.crt EssentialSSLCA_2.crt >> ssl-bundle.crt

That bundle works like a charm. I've been told you don't need the UTN intermediate certificate.

Good luck!
Re: Comodo / Instant SSL certificate installation
August 12, 2011 01:08AM
Hello,

Thanks for your guide. Here's my exact steps:

First, I need to make a "valid" crt file. I run this command:
cat mysite_com.crt AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt UTNAddTrustServerCA.crt PositiveSSLCA.crt >> new_mysite_com.crt

Last, change nginx.conf:
ssl_certificate /usr/local/nginx/new_mysite_com.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /usr/local/nginx/mysite_com.key;

mysite_com.key is the original key file which is used to make your mysite_com.crt

Good luck to you :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 268
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018