Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nginx as a Load balancer

Posted by nikhilbose 
Nginx as a Load balancer
October 29, 2012 12:56AM
Hi,

I am new to Nginx develoment. I am trying to find a load balancer for my backend servers. As I know that Nginx can be configured to act in a reverse proxy mode and can do content switching. I have a question related to this.

I wanted to send all the requests for same content to the same backend server. How I can do this.
For example. Client 1 has requested for Content A, and my load balancer directs that request to one of the backend server say X on round robin basis. Now if I receive a request from different client 2 for the same content A, this request should be directed to the same backend server X. Are there any open source solution which can do this.

Note, I am not asking of any pre configured URL, basically Nginx needs to read out the respobnse first time and finds out the Content URL served from the backend server, so that subsequent request for the same content can be directed to the backend server who previously served the content.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nikhil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 309
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018