Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Protect /analytics on Nginx with basic authentication, but allow access to .php and .js files??

February 11, 2015 11:45AM
Hey folks, Nginx noob here. I also posted here with no luck yet: http://forum.piwik.org/read.php?2,123492

I have Piwik setup and running on a Nginx webserver that I protected with HTTP basic authentication, as seen below.

location /analytics {
alias /var/www/piwik/;
auth_basic "Restricted";
auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/pass;
try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php;
}

location ~ ^/analytics(.+\.php)$ {
alias /var/www/piwik$1;
fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
}

I have it protected, but it's prompting to login on every page, due to the piwik.php and piwik.js files (necessary for analytics) being in my protected directory. This is described on Piwik's website, below.

"If you use HTTP Authentication (Basic or Digest) on your Piwik files, you should exclude piwik.php and piwik.js from this authentication, or visitors on your website would be prompted with the authentication popup."

My question is: what kind of Nginx rule can I use to protect all files in that directory, besides those two? Is it possible to do a negative regex match on a location block?

Any help would be appreciated!
Subject Author Posted

Protect /analytics on Nginx with basic authentication, but allow access to .php and .js files??

lmm5247 February 11, 2015 11:45AM

Re: Protect /analytics on Nginx with basic authentication, but allow access to .php and .js files??

Francis Daly February 11, 2015 03:22PM

Re: Protect /analytics on Nginx with basic authentication, but allow access to .php and .js files??

lmm5247 February 12, 2015 04:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 284
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018