Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Optimization of Nginx for 128 MB RAM VPS

June 18, 2014 08:21AM
Hello,

I have a 128 MB RAM VPS with 1 vcore of 2,2 GHz x86_64 CPU. The CPU is much faster than the Rapsberry one so that is not a problem but the RAM usage, I think, is.

Could You help me optimize my Nginx installation?

Thats my configuration:

nginx.conf:

http://pastebin.com/M55APXzD

The worker_process value is set to the number of vcores which is 1, so it's OK, I guess.

But what with the worker_connections? I have read that this is the number of simultaneous connections a single process can handle. How high should this value be? I am expecting lets say 20 connections per hour. I will host there only my personal home page and my school notebook (based on Wordpress). Will increasing this value result in high usage of RAM by idling nginx waiting for new connections?

PHP-FPM pools configs:

http://pastebin.com/Ap9G2qpx

How should I configure the pm values for each of this websites/vhosts? The one called "zeszyt" is my notebook based on Wordpress, The "pma" one is the phpMyAdmin and the rest are just normal website builded with my own simple PHP scripts and HTML files.

Should I set there something more to e.g. to make the file upload possible like with the phpMyAdmin or it will just work out of the box like with Apache and PHP module?

Thanks in advance

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Kurczyk
Subject Author Posted

Optimization of Nginx for 128 MB RAM VPS

akurczyk June 18, 2014 08:21AM

Re: Optimization of Nginx for 128 MB RAM VPS

Maxim Konovalov June 18, 2014 08:28AM

RE: Optimization of Nginx for 128 MB RAM VPS

Lukas Tribus June 18, 2014 10:20AM

Yumi June 18, 2014 08:42PM

vesperto June 19, 2014 11:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018