Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tmp directory filling up

June 11, 2014 10:58AM
Hi,

I have a rails application that is hosted through nginx and passenger. In this application I want provide very large files for the users to download (>2GB) using send_file .. which is working just fine on the development and staging system. On the production system however the system tmp directory is limited to 1GB (separately mounted disk).

When triggering a download, the tmp folder quickly fills up and the download breaks once it is completely full. I already moved passengers /tmp directory to a new location but could find how to do the same for nginx (I did set $tmp and $tmpdir with no effect).

When looking into the /tmp directory however, I cannot find any large files that would explain what is happening, nevertheless, df reports it is filling up at the same time ..

Lastly .. I also specified the proxy_temp_path directive in the nginx config. Again with no effect.

Is there any way to specify which directory nginx uses for its tmp data? Is nginx even the culprit here?

Thanks .. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim
Subject Author Posted

tmp directory filling up

Tatonka June 11, 2014 10:58AM

Re: tmp directory filling up

Maxim Dounin June 11, 2014 03:24PM

Tatonka June 12, 2014 02:57AM

Andrei Belov June 16, 2014 07:24AM

Maxim Dounin June 16, 2014 10:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 215
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018