Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ignored Cache-Control request header

bcx
March 13, 2014 12:20PM
I noticed that the nginx http proxy module by default does nothing with the Cache-Control request header that is sent by browsers.

Most browsers (I tested Crome and Firefox, but from my online research it showed that even Internet Explorer has the same behaviour) send a Cache-Control: no-cache header when the page requested is with Ctrl-F5 (as opposed to a normal F5 or page hit). I would like to configure my nginx caching proxy to take this request as an instruction to invalidate the cache, send a request to an upstream server, and send and cache that response.

Note that I'm NOT talking about the Cache-Control header sent from upstream webservers to the proxy. It's the Cache-Control request headers, not the response header.

Is there a configuration option that I've missed? I spent quite some time reading the documentation. Sadly the search terms that I can come up with (cache-control, proxy, etc) are too generic for what I want to express.
Subject Author Posted

Ignored Cache-Control request header

bcx March 13, 2014 12:20PM

Re: Ignored Cache-Control request header

Maxim Dounin March 13, 2014 12:32PM

bcx March 13, 2014 06:34PM

Maxim Dounin March 14, 2014 05:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018