October 04, 2013 12:52PM
Maxim,
Thank you again.

About my tests, FYI I had httpauth turned off for my tests.

I think you nailed the problem.

This is some new information for me.

So for production I have a standard website which is php being cached by fastcgi cache. All static assets are served by nginx, so gzip_static will do the trick if I pre-compress them and it will save a bunch of cpu.
What about the cached .php page? Is there any way of saving the gziped version to cache?

Another question - most static assets are being worked in some way by ngx_pagespeed and the optimized assets are cached. That means .js, .css and images too. How does gzip works in this case? nginx gzips it everytime it gets hit? ngx_pagespeed caches gzipped content? I am confused.

Maybe it would be better to drop ngx_pagespeed, bulk optimize every image on source, minify all .js and .css, and let it all run on nginx without ngx_pagespeed cache. Can you share you experience on that?

And one last question, is there any way to output $gzip_ratio on the response headers in order to do a easy debbuging?

Later i'll do some more sieging with gzip comp level at 1 and off and i'll post it here.

Best regards.
Subject Author Posted

Nginx Fastcgi_cache performance - Disk cached VS tmpfs cached VS serving static file

ddutra October 03, 2013 12:34PM

Re: Nginx Fastcgi_cache performance - Disk cached VS tmpfs cached VS serving static file

Maxim Dounin October 03, 2013 01:14PM

Re: Nginx Fastcgi_cache performance - Disk cached VS tmpfs cached VS serving static file

ddutra October 03, 2013 03:00PM

Maxim Dounin October 04, 2013 08:06AM

ddutra October 04, 2013 09:43AM

ddutra October 04, 2013 09:52AM

Maxim Dounin October 04, 2013 11:12AM

ddutra October 04, 2013 12:52PM

Maxim Dounin October 04, 2013 01:46PM

ddutra October 04, 2013 01:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 170
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018