Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Win32 Binary - bug in OpenSSL

August 15, 2013 09:04AM
Howdy folks,

Whilst I'm a militant Unix guy I'm having to use the Win32 version of nginx for a specific project which requires SSL MiTM proxying as part of a virtualised app suite. I spent a few hours battling with an SSL error whereby I would see the Client Hello rapidly followed by a TCP FIN from the remote server and couldn't figure out what was causing it. I then built from source on OSX and Linux and an identical config worked without issue.

Turns out from a little reading that there's a bug in OpenSSL v1.1 which is responsible for this and as OSX and my Linux servers are on v0.9.x they aren't subject to this bug.

I'm sure everyone is very busy, but the next time you get round to reviewing the build deps for Windows it would be great if you could keep this in mind. At present either the backend conversation fails and nginx serves a 502, or the .exe seg faults and dies completely (depending on what protocol/cipher combinations you specify).

Thanks,
Alex
Subject Author Posted

Win32 Binary - bug in OpenSSL

AlexT August 15, 2013 09:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 270
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018