Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thread started by module put to sleep state

June 06, 2013 11:17AM
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to embed mono within nginx to serve requests with ASP.NET just for learning purposes (I know there is a FastCGI server for mono out there), and I'm running into a problem.
When I call into C# code, mono's runtime creates a thread to serve the request, but this thread is always in sleep state, and for this reason the response never comes, i.e. the browser appears to try to load the page indefinitely.
I have tried to embed the same C# code into a C application that simulates the request (no nginx involved) and the request gets processed normally.

I don't know what kind of information I can show you to help debug the problem, but, so far, this is just a simple handler that pretty much kills nginx's event loop by waiting for the full response to come. I know that if I simulate a quick response in the C# side (without really handling it appropriately, i.e. just creating some buffers with "Hello world") the response comes out nicely.

What could be the cause of this?

Thank you in advance,
Marcelo Zabani.
Subject Author Posted

thread started by module put to sleep state

mzabani June 06, 2013 11:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 173
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018