Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beginner user WHM/Cpanel/PhpMysql knowledge only

December 01, 2012 06:53PM
Hi all,
I have a project that I think Nginx might be good for.

I am building a car sales website in joomla. (joomla is a php/Mysql based cms).

The content, car listings is not stored in the database but served externally via an api so there is no real search heavy lifting on the front end joomla site (eg im not storing 200 000 listings in the mysql db as content items).

There is however a lot of content, images etc and listing content can be cached as well.

Im curious about nginx because im dedicated to making this site the fastest and easiest to use, but it also needs to handle high volumes of traffic - eg if we get some good press and our traffic explodes, the server needs to be able to handle it. By explode I mean a few hundred requests a second.

My server admin experience is basic ssh, WHM/Cpanel/Phpmyadmin - is there a similar setup for nginx in terms of creating hosting accounts on the server, setting up zone files, email addresses, mysql users, db's etc?

And what about security? Is there a mod_security or similar?

Finally, what about caching etc? Is there a mod_pagespeed?

Perhaps just some simple guides or links to how nginx handles the above instead of apache?

Thanks
Subject Author Posted

Beginner user WHM/Cpanel/PhpMysql knowledge only

jen123 December 01, 2012 06:53PM

Re: Beginner user WHM/Cpanel/PhpMysql knowledge only

Jamie Dolan December 01, 2012 08:24PM

jen123 December 01, 2012 08:29PM

Jamie Dolan December 01, 2012 08:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 294
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018