Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: GeoIP Module

Nam
December 01, 2010 02:42PM
I ran a test on the debug server, and I added an entry to the geo list to have the IP I was testing from. It got through our security without any problem. I know for a fact that it is not working properly though, perhaps load or memory is somehow causing problems with it on our other servers?

The only difference between our test server and our production servers is the test server uses the --debug compile flag, while the production servers do not, but they do have the syslog patch applied, which should not effect the geo lists as far as I understand.

The configs, distros, everything else is the same. We generate the configs on a single system and then push them out to all of our servers, including the debug server at the same time.

The reason I know that it is not working properly, is that one of our customers websites running through our security had the google webcache system pick up our security page rather then their web page. Our security page lists the visitors IP address, which was the google crawler IP. I took that IP and checked our geo list of search engines that should be allowed through, and it was in the list. We've gone over the configs to see if we perhaps missed the if statement mentioned earlier which does the proxy_pass, but everything is in place, as it has been working for quiet a while. We have had an increase in traffic lately through our servers though, so I am curious if possible load plays some factor in the geo lists being processed or something.
Subject Author Posted

GeoIP Module

Phillip B Oldham May 20, 2009 05:35AM

Igor Sysoev December 01, 2010 06:58AM

Nam December 01, 2010 01:23PM

Igor Sysoev December 01, 2010 02:52PM

Nam December 01, 2010 04:02PM

Nam December 01, 2010 02:42PM

Nam December 02, 2010 10:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 135
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018