Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NginX and Magento very strange problem (?!)

March 03, 2013 10:30AM
Hello All,

This is my first post on the forum, so thank you very much in advance for your attention on my topic. Hope anyone could help me :)

The problem we are getting with NginX and Magento, is relating to the download process of files such as PDF, which are in this case invoices.

Magento seems to work flawlessly under NginX, except when we try to view from the server any PDF file through the Magento backend, or when we try to save the same file on our local disk.

The tricky point is that we don't get any problem when we try to download a previously uploaded PDF file to the server using the "scp" command, and accessing to this file using the direct URL.

The problem appears when we try to download the PDF file from the Magento's backend; NginX contact our browser but does not start the transfer/download after you perform a restart of the NginX's service.

I have recorded a little video of 3:27 minutes from my desktop, where you will see by yourself what is the issue we have with NginX. Here is the URL: http://www.misspepa.com/capturedmovie.ogv . Please, note that there's no audio for the video.

We are really convinced that the problem is at the NginX side and not on Magento side, because as you will see on the video, when we restart the NginX service the transfer which still says "Starting" (when it is really frozen) is rapidly accomplished with success.

If I do not restart the NginX service, the download transfer process of such files will become stalled for a indefinitely period of time with no success...

... And last but not last, the logs of NginX didn't report any error. So, for that reason I decided to post my issue to the forum, in order to get some help on this subject.

Thank you very much in advance!!
MOLI
Subject Author Posted

NginX and Magento very strange problem (?!)

omolinete March 03, 2013 10:30AM

Re: NginX and Magento very strange problem (?!)

Maxim Dounin March 04, 2013 06:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 232
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018