Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to run a shared php-pool while keeping security?

September 14, 2012 12:55PM
I'm trying to configure my first VPS using nginx and php-fpm. I've set it up and everything is working well, but I've realized that for every user created there is a separate php-fpm pool what takes about 30 MB of memory even when idling. It wouldn't be a big problem on a huge machine, but I'm trying to do this in a 128 MB lowendbox, so it's not really nice.

I've asked in a thread on lowendbox, and received a lot of help in this thread, but I'm still confused:
http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/123647#Comment_123647

Can you tell me some general guidelines how would it be possible to both have a secure setup and one that runs on low memory servers? Or it's not possible? What I'd like to do is very simple:
1. Have users separated, having separate accounts, scp acces, etc.
2. Only have a single php-pool for all of them, not for each one of them.

Is it possible to do it in a secure way? I mean I figured out that I can run the shared pool with a group-user, but then 'alice' can write a php script to list 'bob's files. Are there any better solution? How is it done in proper shared hosting, do they physically reserve at 64 MB RAM for each user?
Subject Author Posted

Is it possible to run a shared php-pool while keeping security?

zsero September 14, 2012 12:55PM

Re: Is it possible to run a shared php-pool while keeping security?

Sylvia September 14, 2012 01:36PM

zsero September 14, 2012 04:18PM

Sylvia September 15, 2012 05:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 181
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018